Friends of the Locust Fork River - April PSAs
Follow FLFR on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/friendsof_locustforkriver/
To register & more info on all events: www.FLFR.org
White Water Races
Saturday & Sunday, April 6, 7 from 9am to 3pm
Location: King’s Bend
Enjoy one of the largest eco-friendly tourist attractions that takes place in Blount County.
Boaters in canoes & kayaks race the clock as they negotiate a ¼ mile course of slalom gates.
$3.00 per person each day. Jr High and younger - Free. $5.00 to camp includes entry fee.
Volunteer opportunities for adults including Wallace State students.
River Cleanups - Please Join!
Saturday, April 13
FLFR volunteers are picking trash at 3 beautiful locations:
- Swann Covered Bridge, led by Sam Howell at 9 am.
- Mardis Mill Falls, led by Alden Brindle at 10 am.
- End of Taylor Ford Road, led by Ana Self at 10:30 am.
Easy Canoe or Kayak Trip~~Great fun for the whole family!
Saturday, April 27, 9 am
FLFR’s canoe & kayak trip is easy enough for beginners, but beautiful enough everyone will want to come.
- 6 hour trip, including a stop for lunch, swimming & photography
- boats & life jackets available to borrow, but if possible bring your own, so all interested will be able to participate.
Vicky & Shawn Wilson, kayak leaders.
2019 Art & Photo Contest Celebrating the Woodlands & Rivers of Blount County.
From wild flowers to armadillos there is no shortage of natural beauty to capture in Blount County! Submit entries May 1-July 31 - Photo entries will be accepted electronically. Art entries at the libraries. Big prizes CASH plus several $100 - Business’ Choice Awards.
Youth Kayak Sprint~~June 8~~Register soon!
Participate in the Kayak Sprint at the 37th Alabama Youth State Games in Huntsville, AL
- Male & female divisions. Ages 7-18
- 1st 100 racers to register will pay $10, after that $25.
- FLFR will reimburse the $10 to the first 15 Blount Co. participants.
- Deadline to register May 24th
Let's bring some Gold, Silver and Bronze medals to Blount County!
Remember to register and more info: www.FLFR.org